I have been so excited to start baking with Lyla. She is such a foodie. Really, the girl eats more than me, and will try anything. Im pretty sure she takes after her dad in this department. Im not complaining, and Im actually very happy she enjoys eating!
One thing about me, Im not that great at cooking and I am way better at baking.
I’ve been wanting to spend more time in the kitchen and bake more, and share a few of my favorite recipes with you, but of course, I need someone to eat what I make!! And it is not everyday I have the time or all the ingredients on hand. I’ve been wanting to make these delicious Red Velvet Crinkle cookies. So, I thought I’d start off by sharing this really simple and yummy recipe, and I promise you can not go wrong with this one! It takes no more than an hour, So if you don’t have much time, this is perfect for you.
Lyla and I had a great time together, she learned the word “chocolate” and enjoyed a few of the white chocolate chips.
1 Box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake-18.25 OZ
6 tbls. butter ( Melt & cool )
1/4 cup unsweetened Hershey’s Cocoa
1 tsp. Pure Vanilla
2 large eggs (Room Temperature)
1 Cup of Nestle Premier White Morsels
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Melt butter; set aside to cool.
- Place Powdered Sugarand Corn Starch in a small bowl. Mix with a fork to blend.
- In a separate (larger) bowl, Place the cake mix, Hershey’s Cocoa ,cooled butter, eggs and Vanilla. Mix by hand until well blended and a dough forms. Add 1 Cup (or a little more) of the White Morsels, Refrigerate for 25-30 minutes.
- Form dough into 1″ balls and roll in powdered sugar mix. Place on wax paper or parchment paper on baking sheets about 2″ apart.
- Bake, 1 sheet at a time, in center of oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Serve with coffee or a cold glass of milk. Which ever your prefer. ENJOY ~